Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Pillow Vision

My husband, Andy, built us a new house before we got married this year. The entire year I would have these visions of what I wanted each room to look like. I never would have guessed how hard it was to decorate an entire house..don't get me wrong, it was fun too. :) I enlisted Megan to design some of the rooms, and I told her I wanted the bedroom all gray and white, so she picked out a relaxed navy for the walls to spice it up. Well, do you think I could find pillows that were gray and white for the bed and exactly the vision I had in my head? Of course not.


So thanks to my mom, who is giving me sewing lessons every Wednesday night, I just completed my vision of pillows yesterday. My mom is definitely a pattern girl, and when I told her I didn't have a pattern it was just a "vision", she said, "Emily, this is not Project Runway." Well, we made them "work". And Andy is happy our bedroom is now complete.

1 comment:

  1. Love them Em! These sewing lessons are really paying off. I hope to see some of these gems for my house soon...

    ReplyDelete