Monday, November 30, 2009

Fabric covered magnets and thumbtacks


Fabric covered thumbtacks and magnets were something we saw in Des Moines at the Market Day event. I told you I was going to try making them...well, here they are. They were surprisingly very easy to make, just needed a little finger muscle. If you want to make them yourself, click here for a tutorial.


I decided to make magnets for myself and I made the thumbtacks for my mom for her corkboard wall. You just have to find covered buttons for a wedding dress at a fabric store..I found these at Hobby Lobby. Buy the kits and some fabric,magnets or thumbtacks, get out your glue gun and a wire cutter and you should be ready to go.


Here are the magnets, these were definitely hard to push in since they were larger, but showed more of the fabric which I liked.

And finally, here is the magnet board I found at a thrift store in Valley Junction in Des Moines. All of us girls thought it would be cute to put your Christmas cards on...with fabric magnets of course. Pretty easy and cute idea to change up your decor for the holidays.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! How much did this project cost you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the buttons themselves cost $3 for a pack of four at Hobby Lobby. All of the fabric cost me $2. So overall, a very cheap project!

    ReplyDelete