Sunday, January 31, 2010

Etsy Progress

Besides our current projects and the new endeavor that we promise to fill you in on soon, Emery is still trying to work hard on creating product for our Etsy website launch this spring.

With baby on the brain (and bladder), I've been having a lot of fun designing new onesies for the launch. The preview from our photo shoot earlier showed you some of our hand-painted items. We've been working on some fabric applique techniques for some of the new onesies. Here is a couple of the works in progress we've come up with just to give you a sneak preview:

So get excited people! Lots of new prints and colors are coming your way in the Cuddle line. These two and more will be available on our Etsy site coming soon!

Also, I recently found that trying to register as a first time mama is very overwhelming. Do you need slow, medium, or fast flow nipples for your bottles? Is the angled neck bottle any better? Do you need an infant sleep-positioner? I quickly realized this was not where to start this little adventure and it would be best to head over to the bedding and decor section. This is much more in my element and I felt a lot less dumb (at least for awhile untl I had to go back to those dreaded aisles). I could spend hours trying to pick out some of this stuff...but I brought my husband who claims to be "allergic to shopping". I found so many mobiles made of cute little animals, bugs, and other themes. We are not finding out what the sex of the baby is so as cool as we've tried to play it, it is a LITTLE bit hard to pick some things out not knowing if you have a boy or a girl. It got me thinking though that I could probably find a way to make a mobile that was exactly what I envisioned. After this, I did find a couple of cute handmade paper mobiles on Etsy that Emery loves and would maybe like to tackle for the Cuddle line somewhere down the road.

They could be customized with any papers to fit any style of nursery. They are an appealing alternative to the full themed room you find with the bedding sets in stores and can make for a very trendy baby room.




2 comments:

  1. I love the onesies! I have been dying to see them. I also love this mobile so much I might make one for Theo's kennel. Too far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those onesies are adorable- LOVE them! I attemped to make those paper things yesterday because I also LOVE that idea. Definitely do not have it perfected, so if you get it figured out, let me know!

    ReplyDelete